Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Holy Crap, I Missed It!

     I thought I was getting busy, after leaving my last job that gave me about 8 hours a day to read news and blog. But then my wife decided it was time to move, and I've even fallen behind on reading important (to me) blogs, much less writing them. I was reading Johnny Virgil's blog with Thunderbird when I came across his January 14th post in which he said, "Wow. I almost missed it. I just realized that exactly a year ago today, I started this here blog."
     Hmmm. When did I start blogging? It turns out that Johnny and I share an anniversary (blogiversary?). My one-year anniversary of blogging was also January 14th. So for anyone reading this, get up from your computer, drive to Publix (or Kroger or Piggly Wiggly or wherever you shop) and buy a little birthday cake and one of those cool candles shaped like the number "1". Light it, blow it out for me, and eat some cake. Thanks!
     In all seriousness, it's exciting to hit this milestone. 2006 looks like it will have less post-election angst than 2005, but it looks to be no less disappointing for those of us who had high hopes for our leadership. I'm sure I won't have any shortage of material to bring us to 2007. Thanks for staying with me, especially through my October disappearance. Anyway, here's to another great (belated) year of blogging!

5 comments:

chick pea said...

oh scott, happy anniversary.. mine is coming up.. jan 24th... can't wait.. have party hats ready already ;)

Ben said...

What part of town are you moving to?

ORF said...

Wait, you guys are moving? Still in the ATL? What's next, kids?!?! Oh man, the blog is so totally like the 91st priority right now. We miss ya!

Sylvana said...

Mine was in December. Oops!

Actually I thought about doing a post, but wasn't in the mood.

Johnny Virgil said...

Congrats!

Hey, wait. You have my blog listed under "political humor."

Now THAT's funny...