Monday, January 17, 2005

Lazy Weekends

    When was the last time you can honestly say you had a lazy weekend? I mean one of those 2-day vacations that seemed to stretch out forever and you arrived at Monday refreshed and ready to go. I can't say I've had one of those recently. Not to say that I actually did anything productive. I just didn't feel refreshed on Monday.
    I can't really remember what weekends were like when I was a kid, but I have trouble believing they went by as quickly as they do now. 2 days is just enough to wind down but not nearly enough to rejuvenate me. I took a 5 day weekend around New Year's because I had to burn some vacation days. Now that was a weekend. Am I just worse at letting go of stress and sleep deprivation than I was 20 years ago? Or is time just moving that much faster for me? If that's the case, I shudder to think how fast life will blur by when I'm at the ripe old age of 40.
    Of course, I know that my days of watching endless TV and playing video games all day will end eventually - probably when I have kids. What will weekends be like when I never have time off?

No comments: